Finding the Best Paid Surveys in Canada
Taking paid surveys from the comfort of home is a great way to earn extra money and rewards and finding legitimate paid surveys sites in Canada is best done by reading reviews. Scroll down to read reviews from thousands of Canadians who have decided who the best online survey sites are.
Anybody 14+ in Canada can participate in paid surveys. The process is very easy: simply sign up with a survey site by completing the registration form on their website (simply click the green 'Join Now' buttons below and follow the instructions), fill out any surveys you are invited to participate in, and collect your rewards.
Surveys will be about things like your attitudes and preferences towards products and services, your thoughts on advertisements, political issues, and more. In exchange for voicing your opinions, you can receive compensation in the form of PayPal payments, Amazon gift cards, and sometimes even bitcoin! Survey companies want you to share your opinions with them and will reward you for doing so.
Before signing up with just any paid survey site, try to avoid websites that:
- overpromise; you can't get rich taking surveys, so don't sign up with sites that exaggerate potential earnings
- are written poorly
- have terrible reviews - always read reviews for a survey site before joining!
You can find a comprehensive list of ways to stay safe taking surveys, here. Thankfully, survey scams are very easy to spot, and a bit of very basic research will help keep you safe.
Most survey sites will award either cash or points for completing surveys. When points are offered, they act essentially just like cash, and can be redeemed for rewards in the same way (ex. 100 points = $1.00).
Once you complete enough paying surveys to reach a survey site's minimum payment threshold (mostly commonly between $5-$15), you can request a reward. Rewards can be gift cards, cash, or merchandise, and you can choose what you would like to receive.
If you scroll down, you'll see checkmarks next to the list of the top survey sites in Canada, indicating what types of rewards each site offers. If you see 'Amazon gift cards' for instance, you'll know that the website offers that as one of its rewards options. Some survey sites have a small catalog of rewards, while others offer hundreds of different options!
Tip! If you're only interested in receiving certain types of rewards, you can find survey sites listed by reward for Canadians.
Extra Tip! Boost your earnings right off the bat by signing up with sites that offer a sign up bonus. This will make it easier to get paid and earn your first payment.
When you take a paid survey in Canada, the amount that you'll earn will depend on factors such as how many people qualified to take the survey, and how long and complex it is.
Generally, you'll usually earn somewhere between $0.25 - $10.00 per completion, though you can earn much more if you are in the market for high ticket items (cars, houses, etc.), if you are a doctor, or if there's anything else that makes you unique (like being a new mom).
Tips on maximizing your survey earnings, no matter your background:
- sign up with multiple sites so you get tons of invitations to complete surveys
- log in to your account frequently to find new surveys available
- if a survey site offers an app, download it; that way, you'll be notified of new studies sooner and directly onto your phone
- refer friends to boost your earnings
- participate in different types of research
Typically, survey sites will allow you to take an online surveys from your phone (also called mobile surveys). If a paid survey is optimized to only be taken on a computer (because it contains detailed graphics, is especially interactive, etc.), the e-mail invitation linking to the survey will usually specify which devices the study can be taken from.
If you prefer taking mobile surveys, look for survey sites that offer a mobile survey app. Some of these apps allow you to access your account information, take surveys and request rewards, while others offer passive income earning opportunities such as internet meters, and more. You can learn more by reading our article on the best survey apps to make money.
If you're interested in more than just taking surveys as a way to make money online, you'll be excited to know that there are other ways you can earn cash and rewards:
Focus groups involve a group of participants meeting to discuss a topic. Focus groups can be held online or in person and can pay very well, as they are more difficult to qualify for than regular online surveys.
Products testing involves being sent a physical product to test. Products tests can be for food, makeup, cleaning products, small appliances - anything that a manufacturer would like feedback on. This type of research involves testing a product from home, and then completing a follow-up survey.
Involves respondents answering questionnaires or interacting with a website while using a webcam. This provides researchers an extra layer of information and pays more than traditional online surveys.
GPT stands for 'get-paid-to' and GPT websites are portals you can earn rewards by participating in a wide range of activities from the same spot. These sites list surveys, online tasks you can do for money, offers to complete, games you can play for cash, and more. We list them by user reviews - just as we do survey sites.
The SurveyPolice difference
Positions for the top user-rated survey sites listed below are determined by reviews from actual survey takers.
Disclosure: This page may contain affiliate links
- Join to get 100 free points ($1.00) - cash out your earnings with just $5 in your account.
- Earn points for taking surveys, participating in daily polls and referring your friends.
- Redeem your points for cash and gift cards. Get paid via PayPal, bank transfer, or request a gift card from Amazon, Walmart, Starbucks, and more.
- Take paid surveys from both members and market research companies to earn points.
- Tellwut is one of the only sites that will reward you for creating your own surveys.
- Request a gift card with just $10 in points in your account, or choose a PayPal payment instead.
- 250 point joining bonus offered to new members.
- Earn cash for taking online paid surveys from a Canadian company.
- $2 joining bonus and only $10 in earnings needed to get your first payment cheque.
- Loyalty program makes it easier to accumulate points.
Top User-Rated Paid Survey Sites in Canada
Want to search by rewards? Use Pick-a-Perk. Wrong country? Change it here.
- Sweepstakes entries
- Amazon gift cards
- Best Buy gift cards