With the growing marketing niche, more and more people are looking for ways to earn money online. Some testing sites compensate you through coupon codes or allow you to earn points in exchange for opportunities to receive free products.
However, if you’d really like to get paid to test products, an elite deal club like the PPOC club is a good option.
In this article, we’ll discuss the specifics of product testing and how it affects you and benefits partner brands. Some of the things we’ll look into are:
- What is the PPOC club?
- How to become a PPOC member
- What do you need to prepare as a PPOC member?
- What are my responsibilities as a PPOC member?
- Pros and Cons of Being a PPOC member
- Is the PPOC club a scam?
- What if I don’t get an invitation to join?
- Do PPOC club members get products for free?
- What do product testers do?
- Rundown of the PPOC product testing process
- Why is product testing important?
- Final Thoughts
What is the PPOC club?
The Product Proof of Concept Club or PPOC Club is a community that allows shoppers to help brands improve their products. PPOC club works closely with hundreds of companies that are looking to prove their product’s effectiveness by improving their trust ratings. This also gives the companies a chance to improve their products through product testing performed by members of the PPOC club.
PPOC.club is essentially an elite testing site that compensates you for reviewing certain products which you receive in the form of free samples.
How to become a PPOC member
The main thing to keep in mind is that the PPOC club is very exclusive. They pride themselves in sourcing only the best and most enthusiastic shoppers and reviewers. This maintains their credibility with their partner companies and allows them to effectively filter out “spammy” reviewers who would not be able to give valuable input to their partners.
Here are some important things to keep in mind if you want to become a PPOC member:
- Product review experience is a plus. Although not a requirement, you’ll definitely shine if you have experience reviewing products.
- Be engaging. The PPOC club prides itself on admitting product testers that are engaging and enthusiastic. It is important to give off the right energy and prove that you are dedicated to helping businesses improve their products through rigorous testing.
- Be patient. You will have to be patient if you want to be a PPOC member. If you don’t currently know a PPOC member who can invite you, you’ll have to sign up for the waiting list by leaving your email on their website, and hope for the best. You’ll also have to wait for a partner brand to reach out to you for a review.
What do you need to prepare as a PPOC member?
Firstly, you will need an Amazon account. Most partner brands sell their products on Amazon. This is also one of the main platforms where you will be asked to leave a review about their products or purchase the products for review. To effectively deliver a review, you’ll need to research Amazon review sites and leave a review as a mystery shopper on the brand’s product listing.
Second, you will need a social media account. A personal social media account is preferable since it boosts trust ratings more effectively. However, you may also use accounts that are dedicated to affiliate marketing.
Finally, you will need a way to send and receive funds. You will be required to purchase affiliate products using your own money. But don’t worry, you will be reimbursed.
What are my responsibilities as a PPOC member?
Although you aren’t required to leave reviews on sites such as Amazon or Facebook, you will still be expected to answer surveys. These surveys are intended to test your knowledge of the products that you receive. You will then be compensated for your time and effort.
In most cases, you will be contacted by partner brands to review a variety of products. These can be anything from beauty products to discounted products of various types.
You will also be asked to take note of any aspect of the company that could be improved. This may include customer service, the products to be tested, and the overall buying experience. These should all be detailed in your survey.
Pros and Cons of Being a PPOC member
Being a member of this exclusive product testing club is relatively easy if you’re willing to put in the work. But nothing comes without a price. Let’s take a look at the pros and cons of joining this elite deal club:
Pros for Reviewers
- Free products in exchange for your honest input.
- Monetary compensation after taking a survey.
- Help a company improve its products and services.
Pros for Businesses
- Effectively boost your product’s trust ratings.
- Identify problem areas in your company and products.
- Boost your sales records.
Cons for Reviewers
- You will need to pay for a product first and will be compensated only after the product ships.
- You need to put in the time to extensively test a product, list its flaws and document your experience.
- Payments are not instant.
Is the PPOC club a scam?
There are a lot of product testing sites that ultimately prove to be scams. That’s why it’s important to exercise caution. But one way you can tell that PPOC is not a scam is its exclusivity. PPOC has maintained its “elite” status by only allowing personal invites from members. So if you’re worried about whether or not PPOC is a scam site, rest assured that they are not.
Just a side note: don’t worry about not getting a personal invite. If you don’t know any PPOC members, you can leave your email on the waiting list. You will then be contacted when a spot opens up and you can go from there.
What if I don’t get an invitation to join?
If you’ve entered in your email address on the PPOC Club website and have still not received an invitation to join PPOC, you might wish to consider exploring other sites that offer product testing. Some alternatives to PPOC Club include:
- YouGov – participate in interesting surveys and product tests and earn PayPal cash and gift cards.
- Pinecone Research – get $3 for every online survey you complete and participate in home testing too.
- One Opinion – take surveys for PayPal cash and gift cards, with the occasional product tests.
- LEO Surveys – take paid surveys and do product tests for cash, airline miles, visa cards and gift cards.
- Opinion Outpost – do online surveys and participate in at home tests as well.
Do PPOC club members get products for free?
Yes. However, you will need to pay for the products first. You will only be reimbursed after your item ships. After that, you’ll be required to answer a quick survey on the PPOC club website. The survey is paid and some members have shared that compensation is usually given within the day.
Do I have to pay for the products first?
Yes. It is necessary to purchase the products directly from a merchant’s listing. This makes the process more effective and boosts the brand’s sales as well. You will be refunded the full amount once your item ships.
What do product testers do?
PPOC club product testers effectively boost a business’s sales and provide honest input on the company’s service and product. This allows the company to identify problem areas and improve them accordingly.
Here’s a rundown of the PPOC product testing process:
- Merchant or business reaches out to the product tester.
- Product reviewer places an order on the merchant’s site. This allows the merchant to gain sales and verified reviews (when required or applicable).
- Merchant ships the item to the reviewer. During this time, the product reviewer will be refunded the full order amount through their PayPal account.
- Once the tester receives the product, they need to thoroughly test the item. Testers will also be required to note and list their full experience with the seller.
- Product reviewer then needs to complete a survey on the PPOC club website.
- PPOC Club compensates you for your time. This is usually settled within the day.
Why is product testing important?
Testing is an integral part of the quality assurance process for any company. This allows the business to prove that their concept works and that it is valuable to consumers. Additionally, this is the perfect opportunity to test how consumers will react to their products. This will give them a chance to respond correctly by improving their products before their target market has a chance to purchase them.
Here are some of the reasons why product testing is so important:
- It enhances customer satisfaction. Product testing helps companies identify qualities of their products or services that could use improvement. This also provides businesses with an additional opportunity to subject their products through more thorough quality assurance tests or to improve the packaging if any issues are identified during shipping.
- It guarantees product safety. Every product comes with some level of risk. Product testers help ensure that the items are safe to use. They also help identify potential hazards that can be avoided or removed entirely.
- It provides data and information on product aging. Product testers are often required to observe a product for a specific amount of time. This allows them to gauge how the product will turn out over time. It will also allow the business to make adjustments if their products do not age very well.
- It provides a point of comparison against competing products. Product testing gives companies the opportunity to compare their products against the competition. Consequently, they will be able to identify areas where their competitors excel and improve upon those areas to enhance their product’s market standing.
- It helps companies tailor their products to their target audience. The growing digital age has made it even more important for businesses to cater to their target market. Product testers therefore serve an essential role in helping companies prepare for all possible responses that their customers might have to their products.
- It helps companies identify threats. Product testing can help businesses identify possible threats to their products and business before the official launch. This gives them the opportunity to make adjustments to match or surpass their competitors’ products.
To sum it up, product testing sites are a great resource for people that want to help companies improve their products and service while earning a bit of extra money from it.
PPOC Club is only one of many testing sites that compensate you for your time and input. Admittedly, there is a bit of speculation surrounding this exclusive product testing platform simply because there is very little information about them on the internet. But that could be due to the club’s exclusivity, as you need an invitation from a member if you want to get in quickly. Otherwise, you’ll have to leave your email and wait for them to contact you.
There are also widespread doubts about the availability of opportunities for members of the PPOC club. However, a quick look at Yahoo Finance reveals that the PPOC club’s roster of testers and member companies appears to continue to grow exponentially.
Of course, it is an easy matter to leave your email on the PPOC club waiting list. But you do have to be sure that you are up to the task. Here’s a quick recap of your responsibilities:
- Purchase a product from affiliates using your own money.
- Wait for your full refund after the product ships.
- Receive your product and perform rigorous tests to check the quality of the product.
- Take note of your buying and shipping experience, the packaging, and other aspects of your order.
- Perform a full evaluation of your experience.
- Submit a survey on the PPOC club website.
- Receive your compensation within the day.
Finally, if you are still asking yourself why you should choose the PPOC club over another product testing platform, these facts might be enough to convince you of its merits:
- The PPOC Club is a steadily growing elite product testing community. This means the businesses that support it and its product testers are higher-end companies that are 100% concerned with customer satisfaction. This also means you’re more likely to encounter higher value goods.
- The PPOC club delivers compensation on time. The amount you will receive is also higher than what most other companies offer, especially for the amount of work you’re required to do.
- Unlike other platforms, you’re not required to post or leave a review on Amazon or your social media accounts. Although you may do so if you wish, it is unclear as to whether or not there is additional compensation for those actions.
- The PPOC club is populated with businesses looking for proactive product testers. You won’t have to wait for a long time for a business to contact you, especially if you have a good record. This means that there is always plenty of work to look forward to.
In conclusion, the PPOC club is a product testing platform to consider becoming a member of. It is very exclusive and member-invitees are prioritized. But you will find plenty of higher end businesses that are looking for reliable product testers on the platform. You’ll also enjoy the systematic monetary compensation and product testing process that guarantees a satisfactory transaction every time.