Rewards Offered: Amazon gift cards Cash paid via check Prepaid debit or credit cards Sweepstakes entries
Member Opportunities: In-person focus groups Online focus groups Online surveys Product testing Video surveys Telephone surveys Mystery shopping Refer-a-friend program
Redeeming Rewards: 100 points = $1. Redeem with 2000 points ($20) in your account or after 3 months, even if a $20 balance has not been accumulated.
Similar Panels: Branded Surveys, Univox Community
Focus Group is part of Focus Point Global, a market research company founded in 1988. They now have 20 research facilities across the US and host in-person focus groups as well as opportunities to participate in webcam focus groups, telephone interviews, online surveys, mystery shopping and more.
Focus Pointe Global Surveys
Focus Pointe Global invites you to get paid to share your opinions. Join today to begin receiving invitations for upcoming studies.
Variety of Interesting Topics
Not only does Focus Pointe Global offer many research types, they also provide a variety of studies on completely different industries which include: consumer, business and medical topics.
Lots of Rewards
The compensation provided varies from project to project, and is paid out either via pre-paid Visa card, check, gift card, or cash. Payment for research can vary from $75-$150. Most groups and interviews take less than 2 hours to complete.
- In-Person Rewards: Rewards for in-person marketing research projects are typically given to participants via prepaid Visa card or check, at the end of the session. Sometimes rewards can be gift cards, coupons or even prizes. Rewards will be outlined before taking the study.
- Telephone Interviews: these are rewarded with pre-paid Visa cards and usually take 6-8 weeks to arrive. Note, however, that some studies take a few weeks to complete and the incentive payment processing will take place only after the study has closed.
- Online Rewards: Online surveys are rewarded with "Online Focus Pointes" which are racked up in your member account. The average survey pays between 100 and 1000 Pointes, which translates to $1 to $10. Panel members can cash out once they reach 2000 Pointes, or when three months have passed. Pointes are rewarded in pre-paid Visa cards and members can choose between physical and virtual cards. Virtual cards can be used immediately whereas physical cards are mailed within 7 to 10 business days. Accumulated balances may be withdrawn by the participant once the account balance reaches 2000 points, or 3 months, whichever happens first.
- In-Depth Online Research: Rewards are similar to "in-person" rewards and can come in different forms i.e. gift cards, cash or prizes. Once the study is complete, expect rewards to arrive within 6-8 weeks.
Each time you complete a screener or survey, you will receive one entry into the Focus Pointe Global Monthly Sweepstakes! Each month, 7 winners are chosen at random. The first winner will receive $100 and the next 6 winners will be awarded with $25. Winners are acknowledged by email and are mailed an Amazon.com e-card in their winning amount. Also, don't forget that for each friend you refer, you will receive one free sweepstakes entry!
4 Steps of Eligibility:
To participate in a research study with Focus Pointe Global, you must pass 4 stages of screening:
- Step 1 - Eligibility: Short screening survey determining what products and services you are familiar with. If the answers you provide fit into a group that is needed then you will move on to the next phase.
- Step 2 - Verification: In this phase, you will speak with a Focus Pointe Global representative who will confirm that the answers you have given are correct. There may be other additional questions asked in this phase.
- Step 3 - Confirmation: Focus Pointe Global will work to identify who the best candidates for a study will be. If you are chosen as a participant you will receive a confirmation email.
- Step 4 - Participation: A location will be set and you will be asked to share your insights and experience.
Eligibility: United States residents only.
September 19, 2019 by Angeline from United States
I have had this one for years, never qualified for anything. I don't really know why I still have it. Maybe because the incentives are $25 - $150 if you ever do??
May 29, 2019 by Aria from United States
I successfully qualified for 2 focus group studies this past week and I was supposed to be contacted with the confirmation info but I was never contacted. I want to participate in these studies but I can't if the employees aren't even willing to correspond with the members of their website who qualify for their studies. Very disappointed.
FocusGroup.com responded to this review on May 29, 2019Hi Aria, we understand your frustration, and we apologize for the inconvenience. Some people may be eligible for a study, but not contacted for participation. This happens because some of the studies that take place, aren't looking for many people. Also, once a demographic quota (such as age, gender, etc.) fills up for a study, we are no longer able to accommodate more participants in that specific demographic group. If your group is full, it’s likely that you are part of a very popular demographic or user group. Once again, we apologize for the inconvenience.
November 17, 2018 by Marilyn from United States
Yes, you read it. Your answers are never good enough, in my case mines aren't. I have been a member with focus pointe global and focus group.com for a few years now. I have only been "eligible" and called back for a survey once yet, I continue getting invites to surveys that I can never participate in. Is there any way that this website can send me a survey that I could actually participate in or are they just getting the answers they need through the screening process? I know that I am not the only one complaining about this because someone else I know hasn't been able to participate in a survey in years. Why is this company up, if they don't match the correct people with their surveys or at least, reach out to them in regards to something that will not be a waste of their time for filling up online?
FocusGroup.com responded to this review on November 19, 2018Hi Marilyn, we understand it can be frustrating, but you aren't doing anything wrong! It can be difficult to qualify for studies at times. Some of the studies that take place aren't looking for very many people and others are looking for people who meet their very specific requirements. We apologize for your negative experience.
October 25, 2018 by christine from United States
I did about 50 surveys and they always say “you don’t fit the criteria” when i do! I'm 20 years old and I fit a lot of the criteria. they just use your survey results for their actual surveys and then they say they cannot select you.
August 18, 2018 by Milly from United States
I completed a long hour survey that I was supposed to get a $25 gift card for. And of course that did not happen, I emailed focus group and told them and got no response. Seems like they just want you to do stuff for free and don’t hold up on their word.
Not a good place to do surveys. I give half star. If they have the time to send emails to do the surveys they should have time to pay for the surveys.
FocusGroup.com responded to this review on November 19, 2018Hi Milly, we apologize for the late response. We assure you we are a legitimate company who pays people for sharing their opinions on products and services. I would like to look into this issue further for you, please email [email protected] with your study number. Thank you.